Thursday, April 15, 2010

555 Post 2

In the past few weeks I have spent time creating the bones for my Google site for my portfolio. I had a hard time narrowing down exactly what I wanted for my vision and mission statement. I have a tendency to rethink every word and the way it comes across thanks to Dr. Joyce Shanks from UW-La Crosse. It's amazing how some teachers really stick in your mind, anytime I have to do any sort of educatinal writing I think of her.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly which standards to include. I'm a little overwhelmed because there are the Wisconsin standards, Tennessee standards, technology standards, and the world language education standards. I've been really impressed with the work of some of my other small group members and classmates so far so hopefully I can bring my portfolio up to speed soon.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it does seem as though your plate is full with accomodating for both content and technology, TN and WI. Holy cow. Maybe if you address just the technology standards in all of them. Then, maybe as you have time (lol...maybe 4 or 5 years from now with a new little one) or as you need to you can add things here or there to address some of the other standards to create a more general portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same boat. Trying to narrow things down. There are many standards and many ways to go. I'm trying to focus on a few standards and attach links to assignments. Remember, not all have to be from the Cedo program.

    ReplyDelete