Saturday, September 5, 2009

530 Week 3

I have had a bit of a frustrating week. My dear MacBook is beginning to have some serious issues, of course this all started a month after our 3 year warranty ended. For some reason, the computer cannot hold onto a wireless signal which is the only option for internet in my house. I will be working for 5 minutes and then I lose what I've done or I have to reload a video because the computer dropped our internet signal.

This week I noticed that I entered the 20 mark for photos. In a way I'm almost sad to end this project. I think I will continue to take pictures, thinking about this assignment on a daily basis has really made me more aware of beautiful or unique images and scenery. I'm also finding myself very intrigued by the Pecha Kucha concept. I am thinking of ways I can have my students use this in class. I think the possibilities are endless. Again, my challenge is always trying to find computers for my students to use. So far I have also enjoyed working with the Animoto program. This is another program that I think will be very easy to use with my students.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the computer problems - I'm having a few of my own but nothing that frustrating. I was also sad to finish the photo assignment. I told myself that I would still take pictures every day but without the pressure of an "assignment" I've taken very few unfortunately. I think that I may start up again and just keep posting to posterous for family pics to share as well as to get photos that I can use in presentations. I was kind of planning on making a "to photograph" list (kind of like what Louie has posted in the forum about needing certain pictures) that I can keep in my camera case and refer to when opportunities present themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about your computer. I hope it ends up being an easy fix. I really like the idea of the Pecha Kucha for students, too. It will add structure and constraints to the plethra of choices they have, yet give them the room they need for creativity. The focus will become less on 'how much does the teacher want to see' and more of 'what does the teacher want to see'.

    ReplyDelete