Friday, August 21, 2009
530 Week 2
I think that the Week 2 lesson is great. Last year I was taped giving a presentation so the school district could put it on our district media site for other people to watch. I want to be able to do something like this myself and voice thread will give me a chance to try doing this. I plan to use digital story-telling with more of the cultural aspects of my class. I plan to have my students try using this tool with the Performance Based Assessments they have to do for my class. For example, if the Performance Based Assessment is asking them to record a podcast about their biographical information, interests, and information about Memphis to share with our sister class in Mexico, the students could use Digital Story telling to record their story in Spanish. The visual component could contain digital pictures, video, or other representations of the student. This is just my idea and I think my student would really be creative once they understood how to use the tools.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I too had lots of ideas spurred from playing with VoiceThread. I really like your plan of expanding the podcasts to include visuals as understanding on the part of the sister class may be better facilitated. It may also serve to have your students really plan in analog just as we're planning in order to create a quality product.
ReplyDeleteI think your idea to use this as part of a performance based assessment is great. I think the ability to integrate students' voices into the digital stories will help the students from the sister class connect to your students. I also think that Ann's comment about planning another will help the student's design meaningful products. A rubric would be handy.
ReplyDeleteYou have some great ideas for your classroom this year. It sounds like digital storytelling will fit in perfectly and will be a useful tool. You have ideas to make this tool not only educational but relevant as well. This will help to create meaning for the students which will only increase the learning that it going to take place in the classroom.
ReplyDelete