Friday, September 18, 2009

530 Week 4

Computer update: I was able to get into the Apple Store only to find out that I need new parts for my MacBook and our warranty expired a month ago, fantastic. However, the computer does still work, it just can't stay connected to the internet.

This week I find myself faced with the challenge of choosing photos for my Prezi presentation. I am excited about trying this program but I feel like my photos over the 28 days cover a wide variety of topics so I'm not quite sure what to include. I am also struggling to decide which topic to choose for my Pecha Kucha presentation. Two of my suggested topics had to do with pictures of my travels to different Spanish speaking countries but I don't think that this would work with the Pecha Kucha mentality because my students always end up asking a lot of questions for each picture. Based on this, I think my only option is to go ahead with a presentation about PBAs or another short topic for my Honors class.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your computer whoas. I also have pictures on a wide variety of topics, so I'm struggling a little bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa - I have also been struggling a bit with my Pecha Kucha topic. I have so many ideas, but working the 20 seconds is not easy for me. My biggest concern is not sounding natural when writing my storyboard. I'm hoping that when I get to the recording phase, I'll be able to adlib a bit to sound more natural. I think it's very important that we plan ahead, and I like the whole storyboard piece, but I feel like the pressure is on and that I need more time to really create a thought-provoking presentation. I'd hate to have to spit something out just to say that it's done. Know what I mean? I still think your pics of your travels would be interesting. Perhaps you could create your Pecha Kucha and then create a Prezi that would allow the students to ask the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't computers fun?? Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope it's not too expensive to fix. I too had a hard time choosing my pictures. I also took a wide range of photos fro flowers to sports to class photos. In the end I closed my eyes and pointed. If I didn't, I'd still be there deciding. I thought about using Prezi and or Pech Kucha to outline my topics and objectives to help keep the kids focused and keep things organized. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete