During week 1 I enjoyed experimenting with the different graphics and presentation programs. I enjoyed sharing these different programs with my students. The programs will definitely be beneficial for my class because this way the students who want to be a little more creative can use something other than Powerpoint.
Week 2 really challenged me because I was forced to start using a different search engine. I am now grateful for that challenge though because I feel like my internet searching was really expanded by using different search engines. I definitely still go to "Google" as my first choice but now I have some great second and third choices for the times that I don't find exactly what I want with Google. I also found the internet history and background information very interesting.
Week 3 taught me some new tricks about Excel and using spreadsheets to my advantage. I was lucky to have a great class and teacher in high school that taught me quite a few tricks but I really learned a lot completing our recipe assignment with the changing numbers depending on the number of guests. During Week 4 I was able to learn more about databases. This is something that I personally won't use very much as a Spanish teacher but I am very pleased with the assignment ideas I got this week from the different classroom videos I watched.
In Week 5 my group researched and analyzed three very different yet useful software/hardware evaluation tools. We also came up with a "hybrid" evaluation tool that I think would be very useful for reviewing software and hardware. I plan to use this tool to help persuade my World Language boss and Principal to purchase more technology for my school/classroom. Overall, I think I gained a lot more than I expected from our Technology Tools class. I will bring almost all of the tools I gained from this class into my classroom.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am glad to hear that this class is having an impact on what is going on in your classroom. Learning concepts that can be incorporated into the classroom and helping our students makes the hard work worthwhile. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteI think as long as we come away with new ideas - adopt them to our own style or environment, we are succeeding in professional growth. Keep on looking for ways to keep the ideas presented relevant to you. Let the instructor or me know when things are not connecting (I hope this never happens)
ReplyDelete