Friday, March 12, 2010

550 Week 6

  • I will use what I learned in this course over the next 30 days by implementing many of the ideas and strategies with my class and our class wiki. I will also share what I learned with the colleagues in my own building.

  • I will use what I learned in over the next year by educating more teachers, friends, and family about the positive aspects of online education. I would like to help dispel the myths and jokes I hear about people thinking it's the "easy" option. My husband is a year away from his O.D. and some of his classmates have made comments to me implying that my Master's program/degree must be so easy because it's online. I feel like people think I took the easy route by doing my program online. I would like people to realize how online education works because chances are their own children will have the opportunity to take classes online in the future.

  • After completing this course I would like to learn more about the job opportunities that might be available to teach online. I really enjoyed my facilitation experience and I would love to gain more experience and possibly observe someone in my content area teaching online. I have explored the Florida Virtual Schools Spanish curriculum and I evaluated another district's Spanish curriculum online for the University of Memphis but I would like to observe a "live" class.

1 comment:

  1. Great goals and many new experiences to explore Melissa!

    I applaud your efforts, in advance, to dispel the myths that exist about online learning. Leading by example, you will be able to help your colleagues maximize their use of online tools and keep looking for the opportunity to teach online that feels right.

    Congratulations again on the new addition to your family, Sofia is beautiful. :-)

    I have enjoyed learning with you over the past several weeks and wish you all the best,


    Greg Mahaffey

    ReplyDelete