Tuesday, February 23, 2010
550 Week 4
This week in class I had the opportunity to facilitate a synchronous session on socialization in the online classroom. I really enjoyed the opportunity to use Elluminate and facilitate a discussion on socialization. I have to admit that I was pretty nervous before class but I ended up not only enjoying the experience but learning a lot. This week I have spent time changing a teacher centered lesson to a student centered lesson with an authentic assessment. Over the past 3 years working in Memphis City Schools I have spent many days in the district office developing PBAs (Performance Based Assessments) and a district end of course assessment for Spanish I. So needless to say I was excited to prepare something for an online setting. I think that facilitating in class last week really allowed me to think about what would work well for an online classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment