Friday, February 19, 2010

550 Week 3

This week I spent time preparing to facilitate a synchronous discussion on socialization in online education. I chose this topic because I felt personally challenged by it. Initially I really thought that students who only participate in classes online would suffer socially. After researching and reading several articles I was pleased to find that the opposite is true. Many students are able to make connections they normally would not make in a physical classroom. Additionally, many students are able to participate in classes with students from around the state, country or even the world. I also discovered that most online education programs have opportunities for students to meet for field trips. I believe that some of the best learning takes place when students are able to actually get out and experience things with their own eyes, hands, and minds. I greatly enjoyed researching this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment