Monday, January 25, 2010
540 Week 5
This week I have enjoyed experimenting with Google Trends. I continue to think of Hitwise and the issues and concerns surrounding their website and the ideas and possible problems presented. I have quite a bit of experience using the CDC website for data. I used it to present information and statistics to parents of the high school students I took to Ecuador 2 years ago for a mission trip and I actually use the website within my Spanish class when we talk about travel. The website was especially popular this summer with the outbreak of the H1N1 virus. Fortunately, I was still able to travel to Mexico to take classes but my husband's SVOSH trip (to give eye exams and glasses) to Peru was cancelled because of the way statistics were presented about the disease to government agencies in Peru. Overall, I enjoyed this course a lot and I feel like my course goals were met. I have learned some great ways and resources to use for statistics in my own content area but also for education in general.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment