Tuesday, December 15, 2009

540 Week 2

I feel like I am just starting to get back in the groove of having a math class. The basic exercises and review of statistics terminology has been particularly helpful for me. I have been a little confused on some of the practice worksheets though. I almost wish we had a book for this class because I really feel like I need to refresh myself on statistics and it was always helpful to me to read a chapter and see examples during my undergraduate. I have also enjoyed learning more about different types of surveys and exploring different programs again. As the leader of my district's world language PLC I frequently am asked to get data and feedback on different things we are doing as a district. I can't think of a better way to get this data than through an online survey. I think it would also be helpful to use online surveys with my students. I usually give a paper end of course survey asking for feedback on the class but an online survey would be nice because I could compile the data very easily.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa,
    Given your position, online surveys sound as if they could be enormously useful to you. As long as one is not doing any complex analysis with the responses the free tools work just great.

    ReplyDelete