I am happy to report that today was my official last day of school! This school year really flew by, especially the last month. Our last week of class was very stressful for me because I gave the STAMP test to my 75 eighth grade honors Spanish students. This is a great test that uses the ACTFL scale to show the speaking, writing, and reading level of each student. The students take the test online which is a challenge at my school. I have blogged before about the lack of technology in my school. Our computer lab has 15 semi-functional computers. They can barely handle running internet explorer. I have so many great ideas and technology tools that I would like to use with my students but I am constantly challenged by the lack of computers in my school.
I really enjoyed learning about the Noodle Tool. I also learned a lot from the search engine assignment. I definitely plan to use both of these resources again. I am continually amazed by how many things I am learning in this program about the internet and educational technology. Again, I just wish I were able to use more of these valuable tools with my students. I have applied for a few different grants but I was wondering if anyone in our cohort knows of any great resources or grants for computers/technology. This will definitely be a project of mine over the summer but I would appreciate any ideas from all of you!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm jealous - I'm in until June 12. (Does that sound like a prison sentence? Because right now, that's how it feels!) Other than that...I feel for your need to have computers that work on hand when they're needed. I get frustrated when I see all of the things that I could be doing if only I had enough computers, or I did't have to drag my class down to a lab. I'm currently on the prowl for grant money that will allow me to get laptops in my classroom...hmmmm. Will I have to share?
ReplyDeleteMelissa, cudos to you for giving the STAMP test. How do your students generally do? You are really gutsy for giving an online exam in a marginal computer environment! I wish technology would rain down on you. Unfortunately these days that's not likely.
ReplyDeleteJim