Friday, July 16, 2010
599 Blog Entry 2
Last week I decided to focus my proposal and project on Google Docs. I have spent a lot of time revising my project plan and time line but I finally feel like I'm making some actual progress I can see. I think Google Docs is one of the greatest tools I learned about while being a part of the MEIT program and I am excited to share this with my colleagues. I have focused my group to my eighth grade team at school. I chose this group because Google Docs requires users to be at least 13 years old and although I teach 6th, 7th, and 8th grade, I definitely spend most of my time with the eighth grade team since the eighth graders take my course for high school credit. I am really excited to see how everything comes together for my project and how the students and teachers react.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi, Melissa-
ReplyDeleteI also did my final project on incorporating Google Docs into the classroom. All of the students in my district have access to Google docs, and they are used quite a bit at the middle school. However, not many teachers understand Google Apps for education. I am really excited to show my colleagues the awesomeness of Google Docs!
Just a question for both of you... do your schools have policies on the use of outside internet email accounts for students? I'm having troubles here and there getting around that fact when I try to get students using Google tools. Have you found any easy ways around that issue or is it a non-issue in your schools?
ReplyDeleteYou may want to also look at Google Apps Teacher Training
ReplyDeletehttp://www.google.com/apps/teachertraining
Good luck!