The two strategies that I will use more in my class are cooperative learning and making/testing hypotheses. At first I struggled to think of how students could make/test hypotheses in a language class but thanks to my small group, I was able to see that my students were already doing this in a way. Now I think I can really extend and use this strategy more wisely with the cultural aspects of my class. I also really enjoyed learning about the different online and software tools for brainstorming. I plan to use Bubbl.us and Inspiration with my students this year as much as possible.
This year I am in charge of holding monthly meetings for all of the middle school world language teachers. I plan to share a lot of the strategies and new technology tools I learned from this class. I am also in charge of polling the teachers every 9 weeks about our updated curriculum. Thanks to this class I feel very comfortable in using a few different online survey tools. I will probably start my surveys with Poll Everywhere or Survey Monkey. Normally I do paper surveys with my students at the end of every 9 weeks but this year I plan to give those surveys electronically.
Friday, July 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment